Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Sensational Summer...Thank You, God









Love to lie beneath the branches list’ning to leaf-melodies
Love to catch the scent of roses lobbed upon the buoyant breeze
Love to taste the thrill of morning, mist-enshrouded silver-green
Love to wander where the westward welkin weaves ribbons of e’en
Love to linger where the fingerprint of God is everywhere
Love to feel His Presence whisper anxiety into prayer

Love to watch two-second spangles in the puddles on the lane
Love to listen to the lyrics of a warm, soft summer rain
Love to feel the sweet sensation of youth in a shell, well worn
Love to share the exaltation of a flower freshly born
Love to savour the fine flavour of a lovely summer day
Love to humbly thank the Giver when I bow my head to pray

© Janet Martin

Psalm 104:1

O LORD my God, You are very great;
You are clothed with splendor and majesty... 

1 comment:

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!