Friday, June 19, 2020

Of Time We Have






Aha, it’s true; we have not always turned the other cheek
And kicked, rather than stooped to help the cast down or the weak
We’ve hurled stones; guilty then of equal or the greater sin
Ah, and we have failed to be kind; oh, where shall I begin
So then it seems to me we all are kindred sister-brother
And none has any merit save to simply love each other
Lest while we point out dust-flecks in a fellow-trav’ler’s eye
We miss the beam protruding from our forehead; my, oh, my
I wish we would remember when our fickle tempers flare
How much we need each other to be kind, and simply care
For in this journey forward not into but through the grave
We have so little time to make the most of time we have

© Janet Martin

2 comments:

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!