Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Pray Again and Again


Search me, O God, and know my heart: 
try me, and know my thoughts:
And see if there be any wicked way in me, 
and lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalm 139:23-24 

Do you ever feel like your prayer is a well-learned repetition
for strength, guidance and grace?!
For forgiveness, for meeker trust,
for healing for body and soul?
For courage, for true love for haters, 
for our leaders and followers,
for comfort for sorrow,
for firmer knowledge of the truth,
for kind keeping for our elderly and youth
for the lost to find The Way...
Praise Him! He welcomes our prayers,
He wants our prayers.
He hears our prayers
He cares! over and over and over.
Praise Him and pray To Him
again and again!!




No need to plead excuses; no need to apologize
God’s ear never refuses the humble heart’s sincere cries
No cause to be embarrassed by the appeals we repeat
He bids us to come boldly before heaven’s mercy-seat

No fear that He's too busy to be bothered by our cares
He seeks hearts of true worship to pour out hope’s earnest prayers
No reason to pause praises to He who loves us so dear
No need to book appointments; but just pray and He will hear

No need to question answers; whether yes or no or wait
The author of forgiveness does not reproach or berate
But loves mankind completely though He knows our heart of hearts
He bids us pray and meekly trust the answer He imparts

© Janet Martin



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!