Friday, June 5, 2020

Awe's Treasure Hunt


 I remarked to my sister this morning that sometimes I mourn 
the myriad beauties I miss because one must sleep!
 I am reading Stars Come Out Within  by Jean Little
as she recounts her battle with worsening eyesight 
that pushes her to the edge of blindness!
It renews thankfulness for the gift of sight!

Here are a few thrills I witnessed this week...







Each day ought to be a treasure hunt for awe
whether outward or when stars come out within.

I know a place where wild trees bloom unseen by living soul
We witness much but still only the fringe of wonder’s whole
The tender touch that begets beauty’s manifold hurrah
Makes getting up each morning like a treasure hunt for awe
Where momentarily I might mourn for majesties missed
But cannot sorrow long where a new throng of thrills untwists
Like mist that drapes earth’s eastward edge as morn’s heavens declare
The glory of Creator God who gilds this thoroughfare
With beauties none can number or find ink enough to pen
But be glad we have eyes to behold again and again
And vow to never simply look, but let sight’s mercy spur
A hymn of thankfulness to Beauty’s Divine Creator

© Janet Martin



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!