Monday, June 15, 2020

Halfway Through June






How can it be we are half the way through
June’s paradise of green sheen and true blue
Home of copse cabins and willow-tree tents
Wild phlox meandering hither and thence

Halfway through heaven’s foothills flower-frilled
Rainbow of colour, splashed, sprinkled and spilled
Hold back the hour that snuffs out the bloom
Slow down the tempo that tatters the plume

Wait; bar the gate where day slips through too soon
Paving the runway to halfway through June
While the bard lassoes ink-intricacies
While pink the peony bobs in the breeze

How can it be half of June has been spent
Authoring longing’s most lovely lament
Gazing at garlands that God’s fingers stitched
Garden-enchanted and beauty-bewitched  

Lavished with lupines and ravished with rose
Spellbound by skylines where time ebbs and flows
Like a tide surging now near and now far
Heart-strings half fiddle and half steel guitar

Halfway through skies filled with daylight’s grand feast
Skimming night’s stars from blush bars in the east
Stealing our breath with its fair-weather show
Halfway through June but still halfway to go

© Janet Martin

...this guy hopped in front of me while I was on a bike ride tonight...
"I think if I stay really still she won't notice me"
is what he seemed to be thinking😊


2 comments:

  1. You always catch my breath with your poetry. I love this one about June's half way through paradise of green sheen and true blue. You always have such lovely photos to accompany your poetry. Especially enjoyed the one with Mr. Rabbit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. Rabbit swept me right of my bike!! lol;-) thank-you Brenda for your visit on my porch! June is poetry in motion, isn't it?!

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!