Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Our Daily Prayers




 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
Phil.4:6

This lifeline up to God
From where we kneel or stand
Are more than words flung up from sod
To He who holds our hand

This daily ‘bless and keep’
This hope when hope is dim
Is more than a last measure leap
Of ‘when all fails try Him’

This haven for the heart
This comfort to the soul
This whisper of ‘how great Thou art’
Is more than word-cajole

This broken-hearted plea
This humble-hearted laud
This whisper of humanity
Is our life-line to God

© Janet Martin

 "It seems, lately, my prayer life is filled with family and friends who are dealing with cancer. It seems so overwhelming some days.
But I know God is in control and in that I find hope and am reminded that there is a better world beyond . . .therein I also find comfort."
The above is a small excerpt from my friend Glynis's FB page... 
Will you pray too?

2 comments:

  1. O Janet. Your heart words are such treasures. Thank you for the prayers and the reminder about the importance of our Life Line in Christ. So appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm singing! Love this...Gilles does, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!