Thursday, August 29, 2013

Wise and Worthy



Let's bloom where we're planted! These sunflowers volunteered their presence in my pea-patch. I'm glad I decided to leave them be instead of weeding them out.

We ought not to berate ourselves
For all we’ve never done
Or gaze with doleful self-reproach
At moments dead and gone

It does no good to wish and want
What long has slipped away
We cannot wear the rose or thorn
Of bygone yesterday

So if we would be wise and worthy
Of Time’s tender test
We ought to take this day at hand
And give it our best

© Janet Martin

I suppose we could all go there, to that ‘beat-myself-up-for-what-I-shouda/coulda-done’ place, but that is simply to waste the grace of a new day!

This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. Ps. 118:24

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!