Thursday, August 22, 2013

Thursday Thoughts~





To take responsibility
For health of our whole
Begins, not with the bodily
But with our soul

***

What is the language of love, my God?
What gives my words credence?
Soft comes His answer to my thought
‘But this; obedience’

***

Ah, vale of wasted sorrow
What treasure tossed away
If I don’t act tomorrow
On what I learn today

***

Face to the future
Back to the past
Hand to the moment
Soon its mold is cast

***

Dusk draws its shadow
Over the day
Over the meadow
In whispers blue-gray
You draw your murmuring
Where thought is bold
Blue-gray, my darling
With flickers of gold

***

Do not begrudge life’s trouble
This is the curse of sod
And Time is but the bubble
That carries us to God

***

Your flesh is pleasant to my touch
And oh, parting is pain
But thought will hold you close, my love
Until we meet again

***

Lord, show me how to walk today
Slow down these steps that hasten
And teach me, Lord what not to say
When I should simply listen

© Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!