Monday, August 19, 2013

Of Waves and Second Chances





No spent waves tune morning’s gladness
From the Hand of all things new
Comes a morning drenched with mercy
Sweet with kiss of heaven’s dew

Hope expands beneath the tresses
Where, since Eden’s paradise
Light, with ever-faithful graces
Rends the dark with morning skies

Here we laugh and weep and wonder
Dare to dream the dreaming dream
While the bloom falls from the poppy
Scarlet whispers on life’s stream

Still, we press toward a portal
Past the lintel of the sky
Where mortal becomes immortal
In the twinkling of an eye

We are not adrift on oceans
Of spent waves and happenstance
Morning rends the dark with dawning
And the gift of second chance

© Janet Martin

The other day I read a quote that has stayed stuck in my mind…It is not too late to become who you dreamed you would be.


Press on, my friends. God’s grace is new every morning.

Also, please let us pray for those suffering in Egypt. Prayer changes things!




  But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),  and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,  that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.  For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,  not of works, lest anyone should boast.  For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. Eph. 2: 4-10

2 comments:

  1. Janet, perfectly arranged words on this Monday morning. I came away from your poetry twofold. I came away thinking that who I am spiritually can and will continue to evolve, but also that my hopes of becoming a stay at home mom may come to fruition!!! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you for blessing me with your words. Sometimes my failures would overwhelm me...read today's post on Holy experience. ( I did NOT see a white stallion when our daughter bashed the side of our van), In my tears I heard a Whisper...TODAY, today is what living is all about! ND,I hope your dream comes true. One income is HARD. In 3 weeks I begin child-care after 'my kids' were gone for a mat-leave so new baby is coming in Sept. this will help the budget a little. from one mom to another hugs(())

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!