Wednesday, October 14, 2020

A Servant's Song/Prayer


Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, 
let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.
Matt.16:24




Watching the morning-mist evaporate before my eyes
was a vivid image of this verse
 What is your life? 
You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.
James 4:14  
Makes us reevaluate our goals and motives,
doesn't it?!




Lord let my life, whatever be 
Lift up a hymn of praise to Thee 
And let my love, through deed and tongue 
Be poured out in a servant’s song 

Lord, let life’s labour be more sweet 
In worship poured through hands and feet 
Lord, let my soul-hunger be fed 
Through sustenance of Living Bread 

Lord, Thou the Potter, I, the clay 
Oh, let me not despise Thy way 
But in whatever doth betide 
Let Thy peace the storm override 

Dear Lord, this is my humble plea 
Let Your Divine Light flow through me 
Let Your love my flawed love refine 
To make my 'light-house' shine, shine, shine


© Janet Martin 

'Do you want to die and face the Lord 
Knowing you didn’t give Him your best?'
from this message below



 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!