Friday, October 14, 2016

On Filling Dawn's Framework...






Dawn breaks night’s dark fathoms,
Pink flare on the air
Then it pales; blue-gray gambrel
Pitched over earth’s isles
Duty’s silent summons
Bridles fancy’s stares
Where we are responsible
For time's fresh-birthed whiles

Then praise God and thank Him
For something to do
Be glad for toil’s favor
And purpose to prove
Morning to evening
Melts like drops of dew
In hands full of labor
And hearts full of love

When night’s jet-black finger
Refurbishes skies
And brushes this come-and-go
To eternal rest
When at dusk we linger
To watch its demise
Pray we will be glad to know
We gave it our best

© Janet Martin


 Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell[a] in the house of the Lord
Forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!