Tuesday, October 4, 2016

All, Thanks to Poetry

One of my beautiful poet-friends has a birthday today. 
Happy Birthday Sasha.
 
Your live-for-the-love-of-it Happy-ness has often made my day!
I'm ever grateful that we met in the wide world of cyber-space all because of poetry!

 Another common interest we share is gardening...




From inkwells held in earth and sky
The poets glean their art
Thought-pictures for the inner eye
To hang upon the heart

What friendship poetry inspires
There is no far or near
Upon the hearth where poem-fires
Kindle both smile and tear

My dear, the ancient poet yet
Ignites insight and goals
Because on paper stage they let
The scenes that stirred their souls

All kith and kin alike are we
Which meet among these tomes
A world apart, yet family
Because of love of poems

Ah, you are there and I am here
How blessed we are to be
Part of a world of soulmates, dear
All, thanks to poetry

© Janet Martin



4 comments:

  1. Oh, thank you, thank you, Janet!

    What a wonderful birthday gift :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome.
      God bless you in the coming year, my friend.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful words, photos and sentiments...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks sis. I'm glad we share these loves too:)

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!