Friday, May 13, 2016

On Days To Getting Old



 Today is as young as I'll ever be, remarked someone to Hubby recently, so I figure I better make the most of it!



How lovely though the valley streams
In splays of gray and gold
A new born day to dream our dreams
On ways to getting old

How precious are its untried deeps
That sweep across the dale
See how its grace-lent portion seeps
From heaven’s gleaming grail

Day is a cup that overflows
With more than we can hold
And gathers where nobody goes
Our ways to getting old

The pendulum of ‘yes, we can’
Swings east to west once more
Where we are always older than
We were the day before

How sacred is the tide that rolls
Time’s lease across earth’s shore
Where we are always getting old
-er than we were before

© Janet Martin



2 comments:

  1. This is lovely, Janet! I am old enough to have learned this lesson...I look at photos from 10 years ago when I was thinking I was getting old...and now I think how young I was lol. And if, God willing, I am still here 10 years from now...I know I'll think the same thing! Live every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha-ha! isn't that the truth?! so do I. I'm also a big believer in 'age is just a number':) 'live every day', you bet,( by the grace of God!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!