Monday, August 31, 2015

Of This Romance

Anne Shirley: Can't you even imagine you're in the depths of despair?
Marilla Cuthbert: No I cannot. To despair is to turn your back on God. 



 
If I allowed my heart to lead 
then I would wallow in the blue
of letting go; Summer's end weds
With the intent of 'missing you'
and so instead I'll tell my head
to tell my heart to dream and dance
lest in the blue of 'missing you'
I miss the bliss of This Romance



It's become tradition for us to watch/listen to Anne of Green Gables while we preserve peaches. This year a few great lines struck me with fresh appreciation.

 Anne Shirley: Don't you ever imagine things differently from what they are?
Marilla Cuthbert: No.
Anne Shirley: Oh Marilla, how much you miss. 

 (I hope you've had the delight to meet Anne with an 'e' even if you are not a kindred spirit it is worth the read!)

4 comments:

  1. OH this post brings back memories...I really need to watch this again! And the quotes you shared are wonderful. Thanks so much for stopping by, Janet...I always appreciate your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too! my daughter Victoria, had a friend over to visit. This girl lives in Africa but they come home on furlough every so often and when I asked her if she likes Anne of Green Gables she said, 'who?'
    She had never heard of her...or Little Women or Little Men. I plan to introduce her to them before they return to Africa in the spring;-)
    (although I won't force her if she doesn't want to) When I asked her if she wants to watch it with us while we do peaches she said, nope.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!