Wednesday, August 26, 2015

But I'm A...



...here we can throw in whatever word we choose…Canadian, Catholic, Lutheran, Presbyterian, American, Muslim, Amish, Jew, Dutch, atheist, Mennonite, Buddhist, Communist, Irishman, Englishman, …the list could be endless but the whole world over, from jungle-tribe to king or scribe The Way to become one of His is The Same

It’s not our name or fame or lack thereof
Ethnicity, culture or breed
Or circumstance or parents, or the valor of
Some saintly deed
That saves us, no, it is by grace
And that a gift purchased with blood
shed blood of Christ, The Only Way
Into the family of God

© Janet Martin

For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.  There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal.3:27-28

If we are sinners saved by grace then we are saints saved by grace! Are we living like it?!





6 comments:

  1. Very well said. It's so simple isn't it? Thank you for sharing, Janet. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank-you Pamela.
      yes! no excuses or accolades accepted. only this; I believe! and what we truly believe affects our desires and the choices we make...

      Delete
  2. I love this, Janet! Spreading the way to the Way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a version of "When I Survey the Wondrous Cross" by Kathryn Scott on You Tube that grips me. I have always cherished the words to this hymn, but there is something about this particular version that causes me to focus on the words more intently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, I'm so happy our internet is working tonight! I'm going to listen to it right now:) thank-you.

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!