Wednesday, February 7, 2024

This Life Is Full of Lovely Things (in a much-amiss world)

To sun-rise starved Southern Ontarion-ers this morning's stunner
was like a sweet elixir to the soul!


Beneath a rush of blushing wings
A fresh start is unfurled...







This life is filled with lovely things
The fresh start that each new day brings
As dawn unfolds translucent wings
Where God prolongs Time’s grace
Child’s laughter to set hearts aglow
Gardens asleep beneath the snow
Waiting for spring to steal the show
As bud-looms burst with lace

This life is filled with countless joys
Mischievous pups and little boys
The beauty each season deploys
To leave us humbly awed
With handiwork by God designed
Then etched, splashed, pearled, swirled and entwined
Like surprises we thrill to find
On sky and sea and sod

This life is filled with wondrous ways
God wills and grants to gladden days
And turn would-be lament to praise
And weight of want to love
Where learning’s tattered lesson-book
Is brightened by bird-song, a brook
And God-ness, everywhere we look
(If we look long enough)

…where life is full of you and me
And Today’s opportunity
A hand to hold, a friend to be
A tender word to cheer
Each other on, through ups and downs
To be part of the art that crowns
The heart and face with smiles, as frowns
That would-be, disappear

This life, filled with mercies renewed
As morning rends night’s tent, star-strewed
Kindles courage with gratitude
In a much-amiss world
Where life is full of lovely things
To counter cares it surely brings
Beneath dawn's rush of blushing wings
A fresh start is unfurled

© Janet Martin

It was impossible to capture the full scale of the magnitude of the sunrise with
a camera lens. Its colors ran north and south without bound!



I began today's poem yesterday morning before Duty prevailed...
I wonder what yesterday's poem would have been??😅

Yesterday afternoon I was treated to this 'bird-song'
from a treetop symphony!


Before I finished 'yesterday's' poem this morning,
the wonderful Psalm below from today's devotion
began Today with utter loveliness!!

Ps. 130
Out of the depths I have cried to You, O Lord;
2 Lord, hear my voice!
Let Your ears be attentive
To the voice of my supplications.

3 If You, Lord, should [a]mark iniquities,
O Lord, who could stand?
4 But there is forgiveness with You,
That You may be feared.

5 I wait for the Lord, my soul waits,
And in His word I do hope.
6 My soul waits for the Lord
More than those who watch for the morning—
Yes, more than those who watch for the morning.

7 O Israel, hope in the Lord;
For with the Lord there is mercy,
And with Him is abundant redemption.
8 And He shall redeem Israel
From all his iniquities.

Yesterday's poem-kindling...






2 comments:

  1. Beautiful !!
    Yes life is FULL of lovely things if I but stop to see. I pray the Lord reminds me always and thankful I‘ll never fail to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank-you so much for your beautiful comment! and amen! I printed it for my fridge

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!