Thursday, February 1, 2024

Of Steadfast Cheer

 

Happy February!
 The month famous for the day that celebrates 
what we hopefully celebrate every day;

Morning By Morning-Pat Barret (feat, Mack Brock)



Then do not worry ‘bout today
God is a ‘help me’ prayer away
In every circumstance of need
He will our helpless heart-cry heed
Should sorrow try our happiness
He does not leave us comfortless
Should fear threaten courage to steal
Should faith fall prey to sight’s appeal
Should temptation’s enticing stance
Lure us from promises God grants
Should idle words and prideful thoughts
Turn stepping stones to stumbling blocks
Should hope be inclined to despair
Beneath love’s pressing weight of care
Should Want be wont to disobey
Turning alas, to our own way
Should trust grow weary in the fight
To cling to what is good and right
Or, as we face the enemy
Forget ‘not I, but Christ in me
Or should confusion author doubt
As to Who life is from, about
Or worship bow to lesser gods
That human natured dust/lust applauds
Should trouble its dark shadow cast
The love of God remains steadfast
In whatever we face today
He is a ‘help me’ prayer away
He is a faithful Friend indeed
A Helper in our time of need
A Father to the fatherless
A God who keeps His promises
Hope’s anchor in the storms of life
Joy’s strength amidst opposing strife
Contentment’s gladness undeterred
In all who delight in His word
Where, though we are the Tempter’s prey
God is a ‘help me’ prayer away
What comfort, kindness, peace to cheer
For God is always 'help me' near  

© Janet Martin

Heb.13:5
Keep your lives free from the love of money 
and be content with what you have, 
because God has said,
 “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”

Rom.8:38-39
For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, 
nor angels nor principalities nor powers, 
nor things present nor things to come, 
nor height nor depth, 
nor any other created thing, 
shall be able to separate us from the love of God 
which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!