Thursday, February 15, 2024

On Living In The Moment

Look! morning’s epic entrance thunders with moments we’ve never met...



Because God is without beginning or end,
there will be no end to goodness!

Sometimes I am guilty of forgetting this,
 falling prey to doleful dread, 
believing the good days are over for good 
rather than finding the good in each day,
and thanking God for it by honoring Him with it
 in every way I can!

(click reference link to read the whole glorious Psalm)

How great is Your goodness
which You have laid up for those who fear You,
which You have bestowed before the sons of men
on those who take refuge in You!




I do not want to stare too long at sanguine scenes in Bygone’s glade
Nor covet echoes of a song, much softer now than when first played
Lord, give me ears to hear What Is before its music disappears
Open my eyes so I don’t miss the font that soon fills yesteryears

Beneath the hand of Time harsh sorrows and raw edges smooth, it seems
Washed by a tide, primed with tomorrows, rolling through a world of dreams
Darling, ere you and I awaken on the other side of This
Let’s be sweetly and humbly taken by the melody that is

For, far too soon Bygone’s infinite isle will claim tunes turned to mist
So, let’s not waste one precious minute while today's lyrics untwist  
Look! morning’s epic entrance thunders with moments we’ve never met
Oh, let’s not grow too old to wonder at mercies not tasted yet

© Janet Martin

Oh, let’s not grow too old to wonder at mercies not tasted yet...


Dawn's eyelids were heavy with snow-shadows!

It's been a while since Old Man Winter
 lugged out his white-wash bucket and tipped it over the earth...
I almost have First Snowfall thrills!







2 comments:

  1. Oh what a beautiful post, Janet. I loved your photos - my goodness, they are stunners! And I'm taking great joy in these line you wrote:

    "Because God is without beginning or end,
    there will be no end to goodness!"

    How comforting and hopeful and joy-filling are these words. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Brenda, thank you so much! Your kind words and friendship are part of God's goodness to me<3

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!