Tuesday, January 9, 2024

What Trustworthy Reason To Rejoice



On this wild and wooly Canadian winter morning...
a love song!

Sweet and sobering Psalm 25 helped inspire this poem.

The secret of the Lord is with those who fear Him,
Ps.25:14



What wondrous reason to rejoice
Hope sets my heart ablaze
And beckons me to lift my voice
In hymns of gladdest praise

What awed expectation holds dear
Which He reveals to all who fear

What countless reasons to be glad
In spite of sorrow’s woe
Because of the sorrow God had
Because He loves me/us so

He, whose love is mighty to save
Set my captive soul free
His Son to ransom me

The blood of Jesus washed away
Sin’s curse; nothing else could
Now each day grants a chance to pay
My debt of gratitude

…with joy and hope's trust-worthy praise
Where endless reasons brim
To live a worship hymn

...and never let love's gladness cease
Through wayward wish or whim
To all who trust in Him

© Janet Martin

Psalm 72:19
And blessed be His glorious name forever;
 may all the earth be filled with His glory.
 Amen and amen.




Due to the gale more birds are opting for ground-cover today😂😅


One mourning dove (middle top) is getting his feathers ruffled as he applies his brakes😂😁










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your visit and shared thoughts! I hope you were blessed, encouraged, challenged and cheered, where all in this together, we press toward the Goal<3