Thursday, January 18, 2024

Of Learning Curves and Growing Pains

'Live and learn' has become 
an oft-repeated mantra in my life!
Fumbles and stumbles to teach me
what I thought I already knew/learned...
On the bright side, it keeps life from becoming predictable, doesn't it?!
And often reminds us of the loving-kindness and patience of God!

On the cusp of Dusk-dimmed vistas waits a whole new ‘live and learn’...





Due to the lack of sunshine in the past month in southern Ontario,
when it suddenly made a late-day appearance
I couldn't resist putting supper-prep on pause and dashing out to the fields
behind my neighbor's barn!
Sub-zero temps made recording challenging because I couldn't be without mittens
for more than 30 seconds! But the chill added to the exhilaration!!


No one is like you, Lord;
you are great,
and your name is mighty in power.

Then, just like that it's morning once more...
a gray one, dappled with colorful birds...(pics below)

Daylight drives afar the darkness of the heavens; mercy reigns
Once again, we face the grace of learning curves and growing pains
For Time never fully severs us from ties of ‘no return’
On the cusp of Dusk-dimmed vistas waits a whole new ‘live and learn’

Soft, dawn’s lofty lintels flower, filling bowers with Today
Pray God’s armor thwarts the charmer bent on luring us astray
Pray the fight twixt wrong and right draws us to He whose love/truth sustains
He who knows the highs and lows of learning curves and growing pains

No matter how high on ladders of success, Faith plants its prayer
Always still, another hill to climb, another hurt/cross to bear
Sudden swerve on Learning’s Curve, or fresh onslaught of Growing’s pain
And Day’s Light to pierce night’s Darkness and God’s mercy, new again

© Janet Martin

So, here's to a new day of living and learning 
to be kinder, humbler, holier, not on our own
but through Christ in us!

Ephesians 3:16
I ask that out of the riches of His glory 
He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being,

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength

and as mentioned, bird pics!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!