Saturday, January 13, 2024

Of Dialogue Unseen

Nothing we do, no matter how noble, or enjoyable, or profitable
can/should take the place of 
fellowship with the One who made and knows us completely!
Sometimes when I feel busy its tempting to 'skip' a time
of morning fellowship with my/our Giver of every good and perfect gift!
How foolish to choose to settle for less of Him 
on those days we need more of Him! 

Yesterday I enjoyed some mid-winter canning!


I schnitzed the last of the apples from our tree...

...because it looks like the temperatures are going to dip enough
that the produce I was still storing in the garage, might freeze.

I turned some of the cabbage, carrots and onions into another batch of veggie soup!


Below,  little spinoff from this morning's quiet fellowship with my Best Friend

Ps.139:23-24
Search me, O God, and know my heart: 
try me, and know my thoughts:
And see if there be any wicked way in me, 
and lead me in the way everlasting.



Lord, hearer of lament
Beholder of my heart
Discerner of thought and intent
You do not see in part

…but know all things. You look
Beyond what love pretends
My life is like an open book
That no excuse defends

Lord, nothing can replace
The fellowship between
The Taker and Giver of grace
In dialogue unseen

Through You the branch bears fruit
Faith can no proxy plead
Prayer has no equal substitute
To satisfy its need

Unless Thy Word prevails
And Thy laws I embrace
In vain I hoist devotion’s sails
In vain I state my case

O Lord, search my lament
You see and know my heart
Thou, Discerner  of thought's intent
How very great Thou art
  
© Janet Martin



 Psalm 139:1-6 & 13-18

O LORD, You have searched me

and known me.

2You know when I sit and when I rise;

You understand my thoughts from afar.

3You search out my path and my lying down;

You are aware of all my ways.

4Even before a word is on my tongue,

You know all about it, O LORD.

5You hem me in behind and before;

You have laid Your hand upon me.

6Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,

too lofty for me to attain...


For You formed my inmost being;a

You knit me together in my mother’s womb.

14I praise You,

for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

Marvelous are Your works,

and I know this very well.

15My frame was not hidden from You

when I was made in secret,

when I was woven together

in the depths of the earth.

16Your eyes saw my unformed body;

all my days were written in Your book

and ordained for me

before one of them came to be...


How precious to me are Your thoughts,b O God,

how vast is their sum!

18If I were to count them,

they would outnumber the grains of sand;

and when I awake,

I am still with You.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!