Monday, September 18, 2023

Monday (or any) Morning Resolution List


Let me listen so I hear
Mercy’s music in my ear...


This is the day the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it
Ps.118;24



Let me listen so I hear
Mercy’s music in my ear
Let me look so I may see
Unfurled opportunity
Let me touch so I may feel
The raw rush of awe’s appeal
Let me savour flavours of
So much still to learn and love

Ere dawn’s bloom of hope and hurt
Strews its flower/hour in the dirt
Ere the room that I am in
Sheds its plume of bone and skin
Ere the flare of gifted breath
Snuffs the wick of life with death
Ere as Time’s last gasp is spent
The veil round the soul is rent

Let me taste Now’s hasting sum
Let me waste no drop or crumb
Ere dusk’s shadow-steeples fade
From this day the Lord has made
Ere ‘have’ disappears to ‘had’
Let me rejoice and be glad
Ere too late I vainly rue
The gate no hand can undo

© Janet Martin

Hopefully today's moments will be veggie-soup flavored!


with this recipe...




No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed your pause on this porch and thank-you for your visit!