Monday, September 4, 2023

A Very Personal Thing (Life's Labour of Love)

 Happy Labour Day!

Some fruits of labor/harvest are easy to recognize...
like onions!

Some harvests are far more subtle, 
so subtle, in fact, that if we are not careful/prayerful
we might trick ourselves into thinking (for better or worse)
 they will be forgotten!

1 Cor.15:58
Therefore, my beloved brethren,
be steadfast, immovable,
always abounding in the work of the Lord,
knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.

***
As much as we are able we may encourage and influence each other
as we labor and love side by side, until the Great Divide.
Then, 'each of us will give an account of himself to God.' Rom.14:12

***
2 John 1:8-9
Watch yourselves, so that you do not lose what we have worked for
,a but that you may be fully rewarded.
9Anyone who runs ahead without remaining in the teaching of Christ
does not have God. Whoever remains in His teaching
has both the Father and the Son.

***
None can be and none can do
(Not you for me or me for you)
Though we need each other, none
None can smooth talk into place
The fruit of God’s saving grace
It is personal; the laud
Between living soul and God

None can learn God’s word for me
Nor my prayer’s substitute be
Faith’s relationship maintained
Is not, by default sustained
Each, by thought and deed will prove
Who or what we dearly love
Thus, life's account each will bring
Is a most personal thing

None can thwart what is at stake
Through the choices that we make
For how we influence who
By all that we say and do
Each, in our own hand will bring
(A very personal thing)
Before He who is not mocked
Love-letters of how we walked

© Janet Martin


 

  1. O land of rest, for thee I sigh!
    When will the moment come
    When I shall lay my armor by
    And dwell in peace at home?
    • Refrain:
      We’ll work till Jesus comes,
      We’ll work till Jesus comes,
      We’ll work till Jesus comes,
      And we’ll be gathered home.
  2. No tranquil joys on earth I know,
    No peaceful, shelt’ring dome;
    This world’s a wilderness of woe,
    This world is not my home.
  3. To Jesus Christ I fled for rest;
    He bade me cease to roam,
    And lean for comfort on His breast
    Till He conduct me home.
  4. I sought at once my Savior’s side;
    No more my steps shall roam;
    With Him I’ll brave death’s chilling tide
    And reach my heav’nly home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!