Wednesday, August 30, 2023

What Good Is All We Say and Do...

Ps.141:2-4
Let my prayer be set before You as incense,
The lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.
3Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth;
Keep watch over the door of my lips.
4Do not incline my heart to any evil thing, ...

Ps.19:14
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O Lord, my [h]strength and my Redeemer.

Isa.26:3-4
You will keep him in perfect peace,
Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You.
4Trust in the Lord forever,
For in Yah, the Lordis [b]everlasting strength.


Today's hope-plan-dream includes making salsa!
among other things!



What good is all we say and do, each hope-plan-dream we bide
Where ebb and flow of morning gold turns blue at eventide

Where the suspense of what yet waits is never fully met
Where mercy plunders welkin gates, where man, prone to forget

...who orders our steps, embarks toward what none can see
An invisible Void that marks time’s swift finality

And puts an end to what now wends deftly from here to Where
None can return from, to amend the said-and-done with care

Behooving us to consider the climax of life’s jot
And ask the question that should stir a very serious thought…

What good is all we say and do and love and learn, oh pray
Without devout devotion to He who grants each new day

(The clout of Life’s Momentous Lease authors a Dividend
That once begun will never cease and none can comprehend)

Surely, we ought to pay more earnest heed to what we hear
And measure every word and deed with chaste and holy fear

For we will all appear before the judgement seat of Christ
To give account for what we revered, loved and sacrificed

Behold, the faithful saying of truth that will never dim;
The good in all we say and do, is possible through Him

© Janet Martin

Are we not all inclined to cry with Paul?!...

1 Tim.1:14-16
And the grace of our Lord overflowed to me,
along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.
16But for this very reason I was shown mercy,
so that in me, the worst of sinners,
Christ Jesus might display His perfect patience
as an example to those who would believe in Him for eternal life.…

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed your pause on this porch and thank-you for your visit!