Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Thankful For = Thankful To



Celebrating thankfulness today!
As harvest begins to be gathered in hearts overflow with thankfulness!
Pray we never simply stop at the 'happy' feeling,
but trace our praise to the Giver of every blessing
His loving care bestows


 




Thankfulness without someone to receive said gratitude
Would make its meek awareness but a circumstantial nod
As soon as we are ‘thankful for,’ we become ‘thankful to’
And thankfulness, all said and done, always leads us to God

From God’s goodness and mercy spills each loveliness we know
Each reason to be thankful thunders with His loving ways
Thus, what a debt of worship to His faithfulness we owe
What happiness, as humble thankfulness is turned to praise

Then as we pay attention to all we are ‘thankful for’
May we be awed by who we ought to be most ‘thankful to’
…the God of our salvation! Who can need anything more
Save to make thankful praise the goal of all that we pursue

© Janet Martin

Ps.59:16
But I will sing of Your power;
Yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy in the morning;
For You have been my defense
And refuge in the day of my trouble.

Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning;
for in thee do I trust:
cause me to know the way wherein I should walk;
for I lift up my soul unto thee.

Psalm 107:1
Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good!
For His mercy endures forever.

Praise ye the LORD. O give thanks unto the LORD;
for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good:
because his mercy endureth for ever.

O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good:
for his mercy endureth for ever.

Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good;
His loving devotion endures forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed your pause on this porch and thank-you for your visit!