Saturday, August 12, 2023

Simple Summer Saturday Morning Song...

 Happy Summer Saturday!

Summer-soft rustle in lofty leaf-tress...




Summer-soft rustle in lofty leaf-tress
Where breezes tousle, rousing happiness
Round sound of raindrop pitter-patter-plop
Bird-twitter-chatter, horse-clippety-clop
Tinkle of teacup and spoon as they meet
Ominous stumble/rumble of yon thunder-feet
Plush hush, morn lush with shower after shower
Click of keyboard unfolding poem-flower
Tick of the clock before workday implores
Scattering silence with Saturday chores
Clatter of dishes and splatter of mess
Sparkle of laughter, earthly heaven-ness
As Summer-Saturday spills its 'ahoy'
Beautiful bustle and hustle of joy

© Janet Martin

'Clatter of dishes' created some reunion food!

Potato Salad and

Queen Elizabeth Cake!

 

 Psalm 86:8-13

Among the gods there is none like you, Lord;
no deeds can compare with yours.
9 All the nations you have made
will come and worship before you, Lord;
they will bring glory to your name.
10 For you are great and do marvelous deeds;
you alone are God.
11 Teach me your way, Lord,
that I may rely on your faithfulness;
give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.
12 I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart;
I will glorify your name forever.
13 For great is your love toward me;
you have delivered me from the depths,
from the realm of the dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!