Thursday, August 24, 2023

From The First Moment of Waking...


A phrase from the last paragraph of yesterday's devotion seemed to
say, 'pick me, pick me!!' for today's poem...so I did💖


...and because I SO identify with the battle addressed, 
I am sharing the whole devotion
so you may also be encouraged and edified
From My Utmost For His Highest by Oswald Chambers



From the first moment of waking
Till the light of day grows dim
May our ‘lifetime in the making’
Be a living worship hymn

As life’s lyrics fill time’s pages
Binding sacred numbered days
May the Author of the ages
Be the purpose of our praise

In the highs and lows of learning
(Something we never outgrow)
May the increase of our yearning
Be for God who loves us so

Then, as we embrace the beauty
Of mercy’s enduring ways
May the common calls of Duty
Compose hymns of thankful praise

From the first moment of waking
Until daylight disappears
May the music we are making
Bring sweet pleasure to God’s ears

From the first moment of waking
May we join the melody
Of a love-song in the making
That will fill eternity

© Janet Martin

Today's devotion continues the sacred topic of prayer...


From the rising of the sun to its going down
 The LORD’s name is to be praised.
Ps.113:3








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!