Tuesday, August 15, 2023

More Than Enough For Me...


(beautiful scripture at the end of the above video)

This morning's poem is inspired in part after visiting my cousin yesterday,
in a long-term care facility. He has been afflicted for many years with MS.
 His family bears a very hard cross!
Please, if you remember, keep them in your prayers...

More info here...
We cannot comprehend God's higher ways but 
plead for an unshakeable knowledge of his perfect love
for all of us!

***

Give me knowledge of Jesus Christ that naught can shake or move
Of He who humbly sacrificed Himself, His love to prove
Fill me with wonder every day, that He who made all things
Surrendered to death’s crude display and cruelest sufferings
To bring salvation once for all to all who call his name
And to redeem us from the Fall that brought Adam to shame

He gave us access to His promises, to satisfy
Hunger and thirst with righteousness only He can supply
Then, may the joy and peace He gives thus transcend everything
With the knowledge that Jesus lives and death has lost its sting
And nothing in this sin-cursed place can ever dearer be
Than the knowledge that by His grace Jesus has ransomed me

Then give me no knowledge but this; He loves me without end
No matter what may be amiss, He is a faithful Friend
On Him I lean, to Him I cry, He, trustworthy and true
Tries my reason with His reply, yet what more can I do
But yield my mortal will to He who paid sin’s penalty
This knowledge of His love will be more than enough for me

© Janet Martin

6Seek the LORD while He may be found;
call on Him while He is near.
7Let the wicked man forsake his own way
and the unrighteous man his own thoughts;
let him return to the LORD,
that He may have compassion,
and to our God,
for He will freely pardon.
8“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways My ways,”
declares the LORD.
9“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so My ways are higher than your ways
and My thoughts than your thoughts...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!