Sunday, October 9, 2022

Wondrous Wellspring


Of all the countless things we give thanks for
One transcends them all!

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.




Not for boast or laud from mortals
Not for fame or vain success
Let me be a humble vessel
Yielded to Thy holiness

Tuned to the tender persuasion
Of Thy wisdom through Thy Word
For Thy counsel thwarts temptation
Quenches evil passions stirred

Pours me through and through with wonder
As grace and repentance wed
Satisfies want’s thirst and hunger
With living water and bread

Write in me Thy Great Love Story
Let goodness and mercy’s sea
Stun/run me through and through with glory
Only ever all for Thee

Fashion from the cares of living
And from meditation’s heart
A wellspring of pure thanksgiving
Singing God, how great Thou art

© Janet Martin





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!