Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Of Something Very Personal


I seem to be on a bit of a better-late-than-never routine these days!
partly because recently I'm really struggling with last lines, 
so sometimes it is taking a little longer to complete the poems!
But all by the grace of God and for His glory, go/write I!


Away, away night’s crepuscule recedes; earth reappears
To set time’s stage of hopes and needs with wage of smiles and tears

A sash of marbled splendor, charged with God’s glory and grace
He lavishes time’s spender with love, never commonplace

Where once more to the holy beck and call of life we press
To give its Author all we can, or something far, far less

Where what may seem A Little Poof of moments, as they fall
Becomes the Living Proof of Something Very Personal

Kind of like a love letter by our deeds and choices penned
Then signed, sealed and delivered to God at life’s sacred end

…with no room to edit, omit, excuse, explain and such
It will be very evident who we loved, and how much

© Janet Martin

Psalm 63
O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, 
my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;
To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.
Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee.
Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name.
My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips:
When I remember thee upon my bed and meditate on thee in the night watches.
Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.
My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.
But those that seek my soul, to destroy it, shall go into the lower parts of the earth.
They shall fall by the sword: they shall be a portion for foxes.
But the king shall rejoice in God; everyone that sweareth by him shall glory:
but the mouth of them that speak lies shall be stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!