Saturday, August 20, 2022

To Cling, Rather Than Understand

If we relied only on what we understood we would all be atheists!🙏

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall [b]direct your paths.
Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the Lord and depart from evil.

Deuteronomy 13:4
You shall follow the Lord your God and fear Him;
and you shall keep His commandments,
listen to His voice, serve Him, and cling to Him.

Psalm 63:7-8
For You are my help;
I will sing for joy in the shadow of Your wings.
My soul clings to You;
Your right hand upholds me.

Isa.41:10
“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God;
 I will strengthen you, I will help you, 
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand”


What waits we cannot tell. Lord, all that we would ask
Is for Your Spirit to compel and fit us for love’s task
To run with hope, no, fly! To rise on eagle’s wings
And bid humility reply while to Thy law hope clings

To find our rightful place within your counsel true
And to commit this day of grace and what it brings, to You
To repent of pride’s sin and yield our will and want
To You, rather than flounder in a world of futile taunt

To trust in You; not lean on sight-impeded ken
But to cling to what is Unseen, forevermore, amen
Then, with pure joy to know the peace Your love imparts
Your right hand on our shoulders and your Word within our hearts

What waits to try and test we do not know or see
But to cling to Your Promises seals our victory
To know, at your right hand are pleasures evermore
To cling, rather than understand, oh Lord, thus we implore 
Amen

© Janet Martin

Isa.40:30-31
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall.
But those who wait upon the LORD will renew their strength;
they will mount up with wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not faint.

Psalm 16:11
You will show me the path of life; 
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
 At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.


 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!