Monday, August 22, 2022

Never Very Far Apart (A birthday poem)



I couldn't go to bed without posting a birthday post for Melissa!
Happy Birthday, Melissa!

(I sneaked this photo last month when you were home😊💝)
 

Beyond the reach of candle-spangled birthday cake and such
Beyond the years when you were always never far from touch
Beyond the age of goodnight hugs, soft as a teddy bear
But never out of love’s fond reach oft turned into a prayer

Beyond the days when dreams lived in a world with little girls
Oblivious to the momentous stream tick-tock unfurls
Beyond the carefree leap that lands in life, now full of cares
But never, ever, daughter dear, beyond your mother’s prayers

Never beyond the reach of He who leads, guides and protects
Never beyond the grace of He who forgives and forgets
Never beyond the ear of He who hears us when we pray
And never beyond the love of God each and every day

Beyond the reach of hugs, perhaps, but not the wish, my dear
For God to bless you both today and in the coming year
Never beyond love's happiness of 'never far apart'
Because it takes far more than miles to keep you from my heart

Love, mom aka
© Janet Martin

Hoping to celebrate in person (with cake) in a few weeks!
Enjoy New York!

3 John 4
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.

A glimpse of 'around home' on Mel's birthday!
(although we often chuckle at Granddaughter- a mini-Mel)
Does this bring back memories?!!
Corn day!



Best friends...

...before little sister whacked big brother
 
And a double rainbow around supper time!


I was tempted to look for the pot of gold!


And a shower of sun-sparkles!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!