Saturday, August 13, 2022

Much More Than Words Flung to Thin Air


Psalm 34:17, ESV
When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears 
and delivers them out of all their troubles.

Isaiah 65:24, ESV 
Before they call I will answer; 
while they are yet speaking I will hear.

Psalm 18:6, ESV 
In my distress I called upon the Lord; to my God I cried for help.
 From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry to him reached his ears.

1 Peter 5:7, NIV 
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Psalm 54:4
Surely God is my help;
the Lord is the one who sustains me.

You have heard, O LORD, the desire of the humble;
You will strengthen their hearts. You will incline Your ear,

Rom.8:26-27
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness.
We do not know what we ought to pray for,
but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.
And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit,
because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people
in accordance with the will of God.

1 Kings 6:16-17
Do not be afraid,” Elisha answered, “for those who are with us 
are more than those who are with them.”
17Then Elisha prayed, “O LORD, please open his eyes that he may see.”
And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man,
and he saw that the hills were full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha...

We are currently praying for a lost little boy!
(he wandered away from his family's campsite
and has been missing since 3:00 p.m. yesterday)
Will you pray too, for him and his family? 

Update 4:45p.m. He has been found.
He is with Jesus.


How oft we pour our broken cries before Thy mercy-seat
The Author and Perfecter of faith that oft groans and weeps
We plead for thy sufficient grace to succour and defend
To help us run with endurance life’s race; true to the end
To help us trust in Thee who never leaves us or forsakes
Us. Who keeps all Thy promises; who never makes mistakes
Whose eye is on the sparrow, then much more on me and you
As we pour out our cries, You hear, and know just what to do
How much more than words flung into thin air, the humble plea
As we cast our every care, dear gracious Lord, on Thee
Amen

© Janet Martin


Psalm 91
Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.[a]
2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”
3 Surely he will save you
from the fowler’s snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.

9 If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”
and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

14 “Because he[b] loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!