Tuesday, August 16, 2022

On Conquering Futility


If we as gardeners only focus on what isn't growing or blooming
the way we had hoped or planned for,
we would miss what is!
So too in the garden of Life!


It's been years since I've grown snow-on-the-mountain flowers
and it's the first time for larkspur, 
(which could be why I am sharing SO many larkspur-shots)😅
 thanks to some seeds given to me
last Christmas from one of my gardener-friends.
I am delighting in their splendor! 
however, I thought the larkspur would be taller than the snow-on-the-mountain 
so the tiered flower-garden isn't quite what I had pictured,
but we enjoy what grew rather than what didn't...
like the straw-flower seeds I planted behind the marigold.


This sunflower below, as it grew larger began to obstruct the passage and the view in the arbor...

so I snipped it off for a centerpiece!




Here's to each of us to making the most of Today's 'garden'.!

Futile to wallow in regret
That no thought can undo
Better to focus on the Yet
Now runs its fingers through

Futile to pine for what once was
Leave Bygone on its shelf
And focus on what Is because
No day repeats itself

Futile to wish for what is not
With longing and lament
Better to give the best we’ve got
Before Today is spent

Futile to waste away in want
Better to kneel in prayer
And ask God to vanquish the taunt
Of defeat and despair

Futile to bear yesterday’s loss
Or surf Past’s frozen tide
Better to take up today’s cross
And trust God to provide

© Janet Martin

“‎"The best of men are just men at best.― Alistair Begg











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!