Thursday, July 14, 2022

Without (The Word of) God...

This morning I wasn't sure what today's poem would/should be about
till I open God's Word. An inexhaustible wellspring 
of awe and exhortation, 
of love's truth and grace!


Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
John 17:17

Blessed is the man
Who walks not in the counsel of the [a]ungodly,
Nor stands in the path of sinners,
Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
2But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
And in His law he [b]meditates day and night.
Psalm 1:1-2

My soul faints for Your salvation,
But I hope in Your word.
Psalm 119:81

Forever, O Lord,
Your word [n]is settled in heaven.
90Your faithfulness endures to all generations;
Psalm 119:89-90


John 1:1-5




As human nature silences what is pure, noble, good
Opinionated logic becomes wise in its own eyes
We cannot see where we should walk, led by his rod and staff
Nor feel the shadow of his wing cover us with his care
Nor know Him as a Teacher, Comforter, Shepherd and Friend

It is the blade by which the subtil serpent is subdued

Without the Word of God we miss the glory of the Lord
Who are so very broken; we miss divine majesty
The wonder where earth thunders with His ways past finding out
We miss out on the living bread and water, pure and sweet
We miss darling communion with the Saviour of the Soul
 
© Janet Martin
Your word is a lamp to my feet
And a light to my path.
Psalm 119:105

"Is not My word like fire," declares the LORD,
"and like a hammer that smashes a rock?"

There is a judge for the one who rejects Me and does not receive My words:
The word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day.

Heb.4:11-13
Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, 
so that no one will fall by following the same pattern of disobedience.
13Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight; 
everything is uncovered and exposed before the eyes
 of Him to whom we must give account.…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!