Thursday, July 7, 2022

A Wedding Prayer


No matter how solid and secure love feels on the day of the wedding
that wicked old deceiver and destroyer , the devil,
will soon start to find subtle, or not so subtle ways to try to
wedge his way in to weaken and fray the tie that binds two into one

Matt. 19:6
So they are no longer two, but one flesh.
Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

If any thing is needful of constant attention and prayer
it is surely each and every one of our marriages!
Or, over and above that, our faith in Jesus 
and devotion to His counsel to guide and instruct.
Strong faith makes strong marriages/ families.
Strong marriages/families make strong nations.

Don't you feel like an honored wedding-guest as you enjoy the fruit
of carefully thought out and arranged details?!!


Dessert!

...and of course a lot of people-pictures that are not mine to share💖

This is the poem I put in the cards for the bride and groom 
of the two recent weddings I/we had the honor of attending

A Wedding Prayer

I pray the Lord to bless this new life that your vows begin
A little like a bud still unfolding the bloom within
And as the years go by, I pray by God’s grace, love bestows
Beauty we cannot see until the bud unfolds the rose

I pray God’s mercy crowns the ups and down that wait to be
As love withstands dues and demands because love’s strands are Three
And someday, looking back I pray that joy will awe your heart
Today, but the beginning of love’s sacred, sweetest part

I pray the honor that you feel for each other today
Will deepen and strengthen into a cord that cannot fray
I pray that God will help you keep love faithful, kind and true
As what God joins this happy day only death can undo

Janet Martin

Eccles.4:12
Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!