Wednesday, March 23, 2022

This Very Special Day


'I think I will have a muffin this morning', I said to Victoria 
as I put on another pot of coffee, 'since it is such a special day'.




Both of us had workdays cancelled because of school closures 
due to freezing rain this morning

This is a special day
The way the wind roars through
The ups and downs that crown
Life’s little lilt of
Me-and-you

How soft and swift the gift
Of Today is undone
By fingers, gossamer
And lowered masts on
Twilight’s galleon

Life’s leap from rocking cradle
To the still and silent grave
Does not leave us a hint
Of how much time 
Between we have

So, let’s not miss the melody
Of ‘us’, a ballad, sweet
And dance where paper ballrooms
Briefly pause
Beneath our feet

Time is a tender thief
Sometimes its wooing way
Could whisper us to sleep
Before we thank God for
This very special day

© Janet Martin




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!