Monday, March 7, 2022

Like Raindrops...

Happy Monday!
A whole new week of words not spoken...yet!

(Today's weather may have influenced the title of this poem a little😊)

Why is it after I feel like I've had 'My Say'
more often than not when I have cooled off
I am remorseful rather than pleased?!
because in those retaliatory moments I fail to reflect 
every single fruit of the Spirit! 

Gal.5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace,
 patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 

Sometimes I think of these scenes in You've Got Mail
as less-than-kind comebacks that feel justifiable in the moment
inevitably lead to regret! 


 


They glance and gleam
And dance and stream
Like raindrops on the lane
They praise, they pierce
Civil or fierce
Reverent and profane
They crush, they cheer
Estrange, endear
They defend and betray
Oh, let’s think twice
And make them nice
The words we speak today

They pelt and spill
They soothe, they kill
They injure or they heal
With pleasant poise
Or narcissist's noise
How much a few reveal
They flare and fade
Afflict and aid
An olive branch or dart
Words glance and gleam
And dance and stream
Like raindrops on the heart

© Janet Martin

James 4:11-12
Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another.
 Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister[d
or judges them speaks against the law and judges it. 
When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, 
but sitting in judgment on it. 
12 There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, 
the one who is able to save and destroy. 
But you—who are you to judge your neighbor?  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!