Monday, March 21, 2022

Let It Be...(an easier-said-than-done-outpouring)


This weekend Grandsonny and granddaughter
experienced the joy of lending a helping hand...
(work before play 😄)
and reaping some delightful rewards!

 


...the happiness of Maple-taffy-cone sweet thank-yous 
Where can you get a sweet thank-you treat too?!! Here!


...the thrill of a ride in Grandpa's big truck


We are all children in a sense, earning a recompense of reward...

My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue,
 but in deed and in truth.


After a few recent devotions and yesterday's message
 I have once again been soundly challenged
 to weigh my love in the scales of His Word and choices I make
 to see if my love for God and fellowman is found wanting!


Lord, let it be Thy love for me that satisfies my want and need
Lord, let it be my love for Thee that shines Thy light in word and deed
Lord, let the witness of Thy love be more than Sunday morning rite
Lord, let the fruit of the tree prove Thy love to be my chief delight

Lord, let it be my faith in Thee (not what I see) that keeps me strong
And let my humble honor be to help a fellowman along
And let my joy forever spring from a Fount that cannot run dry
Thy love, Lord exceeds everything that my thought attempts to descry

Lord, let it be Thy love for me that crowns the motive of my will
And let the light of Thy love be like a city set on a hill
Lord, let goodness and mercy be a messenger in hands and feet
Thy love for me, my love for Thee to make life’s journey to Thee sweet

Lord, let it be my hope in Thee that reminds me how great thou art
Remind me of love’s sympathy that broke Thy body and Thy heart
Then, as I see Thy love for me let nothing hide Thy lovely face
The backdrop of a bloodstained tree, forbid, some lesser loves replace

Lord, though the storms of life increase, Lord bid the demons of dread flee
For thou wilt keep in perfect peace, the mind that is transfixed on Thee
And let it be Thy love for me that grants the courage to proceed
And let it be my love for Thee that helps a fellowman in need

© Janet Martin

No one can help everyone but we who are blessed to have
can all help someone who does not have!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!