Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Today's Prayer


“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ 
will enter the kingdom of heaven, 
but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Jesus~
Matt.7:21

Almost Persuaded-Josh Turner
Four years ago I shared the song below on this post:
as we mourned the loss of a young man in our community


God loves us all, so poor, needy and broken without Him,
He is mankind's Healer, Deliverer and Savior!
He is love

For all who have not heard or trusted God, so good and kind
I pray today unveils the way that only faith can find
Not everyone who says ‘Lord, Lord, heaven’s passport will win
But only those who do the will of God will enter in

For all who have not yet bowed heads to repent and believe
I pray today the Truth will reveal doubt's lies that deceive
That eyes once blind will see and hearts once hard will yield to He
Who is not mocked; but is the Saviour of humanity

For all who have not understood the gravity of life
I pray today they find the peace that surpasses all strife
Before it is too late, I pray they roam earth’s futile sod
Until they turn from self and sin to want the love of God

© Janet Martin

Today's Bible Love Note:

2 Pet.3:3
Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come,
 scoffing and following their own evil desires.

John 12:48
There is a judge for the one who rejects Me and does not receive My words:
 The word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day.

1 Timothy 4:1
Now the Spirit expressly states that in later times some will abandon the faith 
to follow deceitful spirits and the teachings of demons,

2 Timothy 3:2
For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money,
 boastful, arrogant, abusive, 
disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,

Jude 1:16
These men are discontented grumblers, 
following after their own lusts; their mouths spew arrogance;
 they flatter others for their own advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!