Wednesday, December 1, 2021

A Little Ditty on Life's Itty Bitty


The cake was the least of the feast on Friday night
as we fellowshipped and fostered deeper friendships.




I almost said 'no, thank-you' when asked to host
some ladies from church that I didn't know very well.
I thought I didn't really have time to prepare properly
(plus a whole plethora of unfounded fears)
but I said 'yes' and I'm so glad I did!
 We had such a sweet, fabulous evening
it made me wonder what loss of joy and blessing
I have amassed by doubting God's sufficient grace 
then replying 'no' to opportunity!
But the main concern in our yeses and no's...
(because sometimes 'no' is okay)
...is, Who we are doing What for

Therefore, whether you eat or drink, 
or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Colossians 3:17
And whatever you do, in word or deed, 
do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, 
giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

1 Peter 4:11
If anyone speaks, he should speak as one conveying the words of God. 
If anyone serves, he should serve with the strength God provides, 
so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, 
to whom be the glory and the power forever and ever.

Touchdown on time’s tabard
Life’s glance on its dirt
Flies like a spark, upward
Hope clinging to hurt
Like snowflakes to lashes
Life’s flicker of fuss
Fosters dust and ashes
And soul’s exodus
Where Who we did What for
Whether great or small
Will prove with pure fervor
Who we loved most of all

© Janet Martin

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!