Thursday, December 9, 2021

Like a Wind-swirl or a Splash...

Explanation to this photo at the bottom of this post...💝

This post inspired in part by Luke 8...
in part by scattered seeds, 
soon bearing blooms of consequence, 
and in part the momentum of moments...

Therefore consider carefully how you listen.
Whoever has will be given more;
whoever does not have,
even what they think they have will be taken from them.”
Luke 8:18

“Where is your faith?” he asked his disciples.
Luke 8:25

“Return home and tell how much God has done for you.”
Luke 8:39

Where clocks unravel so much more than morning, 



noon ...

and night...

(While I was writing this post my mom called to tell me 
my Uncle (Ernie Frey) passed away last night,
making the point of this poem ever the more poignant! 
He was in his 80's but the moment life ceases, the span of
100 years is but a spark and one breath eternity)


Between the bars of birth and death a sacred field unfolds
Where scattered seeds of no and yes soon shatters nascent molds
To strew beneath our hands and feet the fruit of consequence
Where tots follow, so pure and sweet, cloaked in Brief Innocence

What may seem nondescript at first, bursts tick-tock’s tiny glove
The loom of living blessed and cursed with faith or lack thereof
Where clocks unravel so much more than morning, noon and night
The Judge’s gavel poised above the roar of dark and Light

We all have this in common; death’s Summoning of the Soul
The seeds we scatter matter; only faith can make us whole
The Word of God anchors Unknown with Truth’s Security
Time's speck of sod man’s stepping stone into eternity

...this stanza added after mom called💖🙏

Ah look, life’s book of seasons is soon turned to dust and ash
Thought’s tilt-a-whirl of reasons like a wind-swirl or a splash
Where soon the wheel of day-to-day that shapes life’s clay will cease
Ah, pray we hear God say, ‘your faith has saved you. Come in peace’

© Janet Martin



I have one tot in my childcare
 who loathes the sound of tick-tocking clocks right now,
and so we have been trying to allay her fears by bringing clocks up close 
and smooth-talking/soothe-talking time away😅
It's quite an awakening to the adult mind to try to explain time
in terms a small child can understand!!


2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, Amen. So true..about 100 years being a breath.. had similar thoughts as I thought about him.
    And agg very 'timely ' about ticking clocks! I don't like hearing them either, and I was just musing about the why of that yesterday !☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it means the house is very quiet when we think about ticking clocks too much. Tot is obsessed right now with staying away from clocks and I have one in almost every room, I realized!!(some louder than others) the first words out of her mouth after nap was' tick-tock??'..and I tried to console her by explaining that Janet just can't take all the clocks down because we need them to see when its time to snack, lunch, sleep, go home etc but she is to small to understand;-) I chuckled when I realized there's a picture about time beside the clock. Never really thought about that till I saw the photo haha.

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!