Monday, February 15, 2021

Poem-Tango



This beginning of February, due to a lot of sorrow 
a lot of friends are suffering I just wasn't in the heart-space 
for the annual splurge of 
pre-Valentine's Day love-poetry 
although I have been thinking a lot about love lately 
and will continue to ponder it in poetry 
as The Poem-Provider persuades.
Will you join me in praying for healing and restoration 
for the sorrowing and broken!
It's so hard to know how to be there during covid-restrictions 
when you just want to give someone a hug!



Thank-you to all of you who stop by this page-stage
and grant me the privilege of a poem-dance.
I love you, dear friends, near or far💕

What luxury to lavish you with lines of poetry 
To move your heart in sync with mine, across thought’s ballroom floor 
Or kiss you with the lyrics of romantic chivalry 
Where we are at the mercy of love’s Timeless Troubadour 

What privilege to orchestrate iambic cadency 
And sashay to the tempo of instinctive twist and bend 
To glide with you as one across a page of poetry 
And find within ink-intimacy, the love of a friend 

What honour to be asked to dance with somebody like you 
Forgive me when I stumble or forget to pirouette 
Sometimes without fair warning the rhythms of love run blue 
And all I can remember is a heart-shaped silhouette 


© Janet Martin 


1 Thess.3:12

May the Lord make your love increase and 
overflow for each other and for everyone else,... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!