Wednesday, February 17, 2021

More Than Pecksniffian Narcissism

 

We are the clay the potter presses hard upon love's wheel
May we remember He sees more than how it makes us feel
Just as the Lord who looked beyond His Son at Calvary
Saw how loss on the cross would gain Ultimate Victory

After he has suffered,
he will see the light of life d 
and be satisfied
Isa.53:11

Jim Reeves



Lord, May Your Word be more than logic that I read but do not heed 
Oh, what a pity to be versed in knowledge without mercy’s creed 
And what a waste, if I but half-taste Your goodness and never see 
That it is You who heaps time’s table with love’s kind humility 

Lord, may your joy be more than clone of circumstantial confidence 
Oh, guard my mind from blinding decoys that can lure gullible glance 
Be purposed, conscious demonstrations of You in my inmost part 

Lord, let love be my greatest hunger and fulfillment synchronized 
May Thy divine denominator glorify You, undisguised 
When I am torn between the tug of Perfect Love and want’s design 
Lord, may I recognize Your hug and respond with ‘Thy will, not mine’ 

Lord, let my love be more than narcissism's canting avarice 
Oh God, forgive me when like Judas I betray you with a kiss
Then, when love suffers long, remind me how Paul and Silas replied
In chains at midnight praising and proclaiming You, Christ crucified

Lord, in Thy name I pray,
Amen

© Janet Martin

Paul's Message by the Spirit's Power
1When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or wisdom 
as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. 
3I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling.…
1 Cor.2:1-3


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!