Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Relinquishing Wishes...


 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns;
 yet your heavenly Father feeds them. 
Are you not of more value than they?  
Matt.6:26


I kept rubbing the computer screen till I realized the smudge is on the window in the photo!😉...
 (the Baltimore orioles are offering non-stop entertainment these days!)
I'm so accustomed to kiddo-kisses on the windows I hardly notice them anymore
(until the sun shines!!)

Surrendering to Thee
How often Want conflicts
With the Higher Authority
Of love’s flawless edicts

The wishes we employ
Like farmers planting fields
Cannot produce the sweeter joy
That true surrender yields

Then Lord, help us resign
Our will without regret
Beneath Supremacy Divine
To trust Thee for the ‘Yet’

© Janet Martin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!