Monday, May 11, 2020

It Was A Beautiful Day...

It was a special Mother's Day even though we could not all be together...
wow! 
I can't wait till we get the green light on get-togethers!!

Sunday started with a simple breakfast...
 over scrabble...
 ...first oriole visit!

... a beautiful worship service.
In the afternoon Victoria and I hiked off the beaten track for a few hours...
In the evening while we were face-timing all together
the family surprised me speechless with a new mixer
to replace the temperamental relic I was using!
(sometimes it would choose its speed regardless where I set it;
very annoying if it chose high-speed when I was adding flour)

...as you can see, in spite of all the things that I could name that I missed
it was still a beautiful day!


So much trouble we could have had that somehow lost its way
To gift us with the memory of a beautiful day
For all that could have run amuck, for woe that could have been
We thank You, Lord; we’ll never know how oft you intervene
Where, midst the muddle and the mess of mortal maladies
You bless us with the happiness of precious memories

Then as we count the mercies that Your providence imparts
Love’s picture-collage births meek gratitude that bursts our hearts
For all the trouble that we never did experience
We hardly know how to reply to such benevolence
But to remember to address this blessing when we pray
And thank God for the kindness of a most beautiful day

© Janet Martin

Life is far from perfect; but we choose happiness!
When we think of everything that could go wrong and hasn't...yet
may this be enough to fill us with love and gratefulness
for What Is.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!