Monday, May 11, 2020

All Together Now...

All together now...let's say it and mean it!
This is the day the Lord has made.
We will rejoice and be glad in it.
Ps.118:24

 (although most of us will admit the colour of the backdrop has ceased to be amusing
I've never in all of my almost 54 years seen anything like it!
The snow-plow just went by on May the 11th!)



We cannot sway the soundless force
Where morning spills its charge
And we are called to stay the course
With He who stays the barge

For retrospect will soon survey
Today’s proffered appeal
A medley of moments that play
A melody, surreal

Then make the most of here and now
This holy bread we break
Is more than time’s begotten chow
To thanklessly partake

This is the day the Lord has made
For rich and poor the same
To rejoice and be glad in it
And glorify His name

Then praise him all together, love
Who knows what waits to be
Where we are at the mercy of
Love's flawless majesty 

© Janet Martin


 oh well I said to Victoria...
it really does look like this is the last of it
Victoria's reply; I'll believe it when I see it'
(can't really blame her!)
Victoria's remark jolted a little add-on poem

 
I’ll believe it when I see
Sometimes glibly we reply
When bare fact and expectation
Vex us with what meets the eye

I’ll believe it when I see it
May we never dare to dare
He who all will bow before Him
When He appears on the air

Too late then for the redemption
He beckons all to receive
If we wait until we see Him
Before we choose to believe

© Janet Martin





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!