Saturday, August 17, 2019

To Be or Not To Be... Vanilla



 I hereby testify that on this date of August 17, 2019
my (truck-driver) husband (in case you wonder why he calls) did call 
and not need to ask at all 
what I was doing (because he could guess)
because nine mornings out of ten I write...
and he did state that 
I am a different cat 
but he wouldn't change a thing 
or I would 'just be vanilla'.
I then thereby did respond that I will put his statement in writing 
as evidence that he did
on this day declare such a thing
and that I will bring it to his remembrance at such a time
when his opinion could justifiably differ!😊😂😜
...okay, enough silliness!

Here's to today's flavours and colours!
The first one I choose is coffee black!



To love or hate
Condemn, applaud
To trust in fate
Or gracious God

To pray a while
Or fret and fear
To sing and smile
Or shed a tear

To dash or stroll
Believe or doubt
Give half or whole
Give thanks or pout

To bless or curse
Deny, confess
For better-worse
For more or less

To be yourself
Or to compare
To dust the shelf
Or sit and stare

To stray or veer
Or stay the course
To crush or cheer
To free or force

To gripe or dance
With gratitude
Part circumstance
Most attitude

© Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!