Monday, October 24, 2011

Enlightened?


As seasons sweep earth’s scattered shores

And time begins and ends its wars

As history knocks upon our doors

What have we learned?


Are we, who live earth’s latter years

Are we much wiser than our peers?

Have we gained wisdom by their tears?

What have we learned?


As mothers, sweethearts, lovers cry

As newborn babies live, to die

As hatred calls and we reply

What have we learned?


Through all the badges, medals earned

Through building bridges, once we burned

As history’s vivid proof returns

What have we learned?


Through all earth’s battles, won or lost

In pages tallying its cost

With great technology, our boast

What have we learned?


Today we have the luxury

Of unprecedented technology

How wise, how wise we ought to be

What have we learned?



Janet Martin~


Inspired in part, by last night's 60 minutes broadcast on the life of Steve Jobs.

His analysis of life- 'we come alone, we leave alone. Everything between those two points

no longer matters'. quoted loosely...the sadness of his words gripped my thoughts. I can't forget it.



He said, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, And naked I shall return there. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away. Blessed be the name of the LORD." Job 1:21

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!