Friday, October 28, 2011

Could It Be?

http://poetryblogroll.blogspot.com/2011/10/thuhttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifrsday-think-tank-72-writers-block.html


I don’t think I’ll ever write anything I like again
I used to think I might be able to write…a little, now and then
Something sensible or humorous or practical or wise
But now I am beginning to realize
Where words once taunted and laughed out loud
There is thick, wooly cotton
And thunderclouds
And silence presses on my head
Like a heavy rock
Could it be?
I utter with dread,
Could it be writer’s block?

2 comments:

  1. You with writer's block, Janet! I don't believe it. (I know, try putting on your gold-colored glasses. I'm sure there will be another poem just beyond the lens.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Violet:) Thank-you for the chuckle...and don't think I haven't tried putting on those glasses!wink, wink...I do not deal well with writer's block...even though I don't like to call it that. I call it more like relying on myself when I should just let it go, stop trying so hard and give it all up to He who gives, then to Him be all the glory,right?

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!